F.Y.B.Com. Orientation Programme
A report on the Orientation Session for First Year B.Com students of 2017-18 batches.
This program was conducted in two separate session for the division A and B on the 22nd and 23rd July 2017 respectively.
The students were informed about these sessions well in advance.
The students admitted to A division assembled in the Room No. 301 at 6.30 p.m. The Principal welcomed them formally and briefed the following:
1. The status with the Night Colleges – A comparison with day colleges
2. The bar coded identity card and library card
3. Book Bank
4. Tutorial Sessions
5. NCC, NSS, Sports and cultural activities.
6. Restriction in using mobile phones
7. The two separate bells to disburse the boys and girls separately after the last lecture
8. Counselling centre
9. Community service activities
10. Yoga sessions
11. Computer courses available
12. Gymkhana facilities
13. Students’ council
After this briefing each teachers talked about the syllabus of their subjects, the examination pattern, ATKT rules and motivated them to approach the teachers to clear any of their doubts.
Teachers who are in-charge of NSS, NCC, Sports and Cultural Activities explained how to be in them to develop their multi-level personalities and benefits that can be enjoyed by joining these.
The session was open for asking the doubts if any, and the students could clear some of their quires. The session was concluded by 9.00 p.m.
The Orientation Session for the B division held on 24th July 2017, in Room No. 501 at 6.30 p.m. also covered the above mentioned points.